‘Foss in ‘Seven Heaven’ as they hit the summit

‘Foss in ‘Seven Heaven’ as they hit the summit


Fulford United 1-7 Wilberfoss AFC

Yew Tree Associates sponsored Wilberfoss AFC travelled to the leagues bottom club as looked to continue their good run of form on Saturday.

Manager Palfreyman was dealt big blows with late withdrawals of key players within hours of the game. Alex McCallum made his first start for the first team with James Howat returning along with Jed Vale.

‘Foss started brightly with Vale going close and Newby hitting the frame of the goal. Fulford had chances of their own but were unable to find the target.

The East Yorkshiremen took the lead on 14 minutes when Jed Vale fired home from close range. It was soon 2-0 when Dan Gibney hit the back of the net after good work down the left from Sam McAllister.

As the half went on ‘Foss midfielder Mark Willoughby was controlling the majority of Wilberfoss attacks with his wide range of passing. On the stroke of half time it was 3-0 with Vale adding to his tally.


(Pictured: Mark Willoughby (blue shirt, far left) sees his goal bound effort cleared)

The second half carried on in a similar fashion with Willoughby and Newby seeing a lot of the ball in midfield and the centre back pairing for Howat and Tinson thwarting any Fulford attack. It was soon 4-0 when McAllister was fouled in the box after a good ball by Wain and ‘Foss captain Oliver Newby allowed Jed Vale to take his penalty taking role to complete his Hat Trick. McAllister however was not to be denied moments later when he raced away and calmly slotted home to make it 5-0. Vale then missed 2 good chances before McAllister became provider once again when he curled in an inch perfect cross that allowed Newby to rise and head home into the bottom corner.


(Pictured: Jed Vale flicks the ball forward)

Vale finally added his 4th with the goal of the game which saw his 20 yard drive swerve and dip out of reach of the Fulford United No.1 to make it 7-0. Fulford did pick up a consolation goal in the last few minutes of the game as the ‘Foss keeper fumbled a cross and the ball was fired home into the roof of the net to complete the 7-1 scoring.

After the game ‘Foss gaffer Andrew Palfreyman had mixed opinions on the game. “I am pleased to get the victory and go top of the league but I felt at times our passing was poor and we could of worked harder off the ball.”


MOM – sponsored by Daniel Gath Home went to Mark Jones – who covered every blade of grass and tirelessly broke up play starting many of Wilberfoss’ attacks.